I'm on Twitter

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Prefer the Most Quick-witted...


Interesting day, today.  Watched Ed M get creamed by Dave C to start in PMQs from the segregation of the public gallery.  Maybe it was the sheet of bulletproof glass, but I saw Ed M put up a good fight - which probably clinched it overall.  But it was when the PM alluded to the debate being less about NHS reform and more about Ed’s career prospects as a leader that both sides of the House sucked air in, simultaneously. 

"This is not a campaign to save the NHS: this is a campaign to try and save his leadership and I make this prediction: the NHS will keep getting better and his prospects will keep getting worse." -PM

Ouch.  I am grateful that our leader had Labour's NHS track record to fall back on.

When heckled by his opposite about the proximity of his Health Secretary to the dispatch box during questions on the NHS, the PM also made a very witty comeback [in less than five seconds - that's the test of genuine wit; any more than eight seconds and people can see you thinking] about how good it was to get advice on happy families from Ed M. 

Ouch, again. Andy Burnham was practically sitting on Ed's lap.  Andy Slaughter wasn’t spared a sideways sneer about the Twitter ‘fiasco’ created by his aide.  Another chance to snipe at Labour was irresistible, apparently.  Even if press coverage was online blog, brief.

Add one meeting with an ambassador and a boundary commission talk – and I am out of here.

I saw a friend at the bus stop, who kindly added that she read my stuff.  I said I shout her so – J: it was lovely seeing you and wish you all the very best of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment